Relentless Youth Workers
YOUCAN Youth Services’ Relentless Youth Workers stop at nothing — within reasonable measures — to reach out to youth and empower them in making positive, healthy and life changing decisions. Relentless Youth Workers aim to build long-term relationships with the youth as they move through the Stages of Change model with the goal that they will eventually live independently and out of harm’s way.
THE RELENTLESS YOUTH WORKERS AIM TO:
- Reduce the incidents of disruption and crime by at-risk youth moving them towards employment or education.
- Increase attendance of at-risk youth in school or day programs, as well as pre-employment or employment programs.
- Reduce factors among at-risk youth and their families that can cause harm.
- Increase the factors among at-risk youth and their families, which can move them toward success.
THE RELENTLESS YOUTH WORKERS ADDRESS:
- School factors, including low commitment to school, poor attitude or performance in school (if attending at all).
- Employment factors, including low commitment to employment, poor attitude or performance in a job setting (if attending at all).
- Family factors, including poor parent-child relationships, broken homes, separation from parents or low supervision.
- Peer group factors, including gang affiliation or the influence of peers who engage in risky behavior.
- Individual factors, including defining one’s identity through violence.
- Societal factors, including alienation and poverty.