About the Program
Do you enjoy working outdoors in all types of weather?
Are you motivated, hardworking and looking for your new opportunity?
The Road to Work Program is a collaboration between YOUCAN Youth Services and ATS Traffic. The program will deliver workshops and industry focused trainings to successful candidates, aged 18-25 years old, giving them the tools needed to be employed in the traffic safety industry. The program will run over 4 consecutive weeks and is free of cost. The successful candidates will need to support themselves for the duration of the program. Upon completion of the program, YOUCAN Youth Services will support the candidate to apply for a Flagger position with ATS Traffic or in the traffic safety industry. This program will give people interested in a career in traffic safety an advantage when applying for jobs.
- 18-25 years of age
- Desire to start a career in the traffic safety industry
- Ability to attend 4 consecutive weeks of training – Monday to Friday – 8am-4pm
- Ability to complete on-line trainings and in-class sessions
- Ability to financially support yourself through the 4 weeks
- A valid (non-graduated) Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving abstract is an asset. It is required to drive our company vehicles.
- Own method of transportation to get to and from work is preferred.
- As this is a safety-sensitive position, all employees must undergo and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. This includes use of marijuana, medical or non.
Trainings Covered in Program
ATS Traffic – 2 Weeks
- Forklift Training
- ATS/Industry Standard Policy Training
- FOSS Training (on-line)
- POST Training (on-line)
- Load Securement Training (on-line)
- CSTS-2020 Training (on-line)
- RSTS Training (on-line)
- FLHA Review (EHS-F-5.7)
- Trailering Training
- Flagging Training (in-house)
- Provincial Lane Closure (on-line)
- ATS Traffic Lane Closure
YOUCAN Youth Services – 2 Weeks
- Cover Letter
- Interview Skills
- Public Speaking
- Communication Skills
- Goal Setting
- Dealing with Differences in the Workplace
- Time Management
- Team Dynamics
- Identifying and Using Personal Supports
- Standard First Aid
About ATS Traffic
For over 50 years we’ve worked with businesses and communities in various business sectors and industries to keep workers, drivers, and pedestrians safe on the roads. With locations across the country and over 15,000 traffic safety supply products in our inventory, our traffic control company has kept people safe no matter where the road takes them.
- Directs traffic
- Ensures safety on the roads
- Signal vehicles when to slow down, stop, and when it’s safe to proceed
- Work outside in all kinds of weather