About The Road to Work Program
The Road to Work Program is a partnership between YOUCAN Youth Services and ATS Traffic. The program will deliver workshops and industry focused trainings to successful candidates, aged 18-26 years old, giving them the tools needed to be employed in the traffic safety industry. The program will run over 2 consecutive weeks and is free of cost. The successful candidates will need to support themselves for the duration of the program. Upon completion of the program, YOUCAN Youth Services will support the candidate to apply for a Flagger position with ATS Traffic or in the traffic safety industry. This program will give people interested in a career in traffic safety an advantage when applying for jobs.
- Directs traffic
- Ensures safety on the roads
- Signal vehicles when to slow down, stop, and when it’s safe to proceed
- Work outside in all kinds of weather
- 18-26 years of age
- Desire to start a career in the traffic safety industry
- Ability to attend 2 consecutive weeks of training – Monday to Friday – 8am-4pm
- Ability to complete on-line trainings and in-class sessions
- Ability to financially support yourself through the 2 weeks, as the program is unpaid (income support available during 2-week training portion for eligible candidates)
- A valid (non-graduated) Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving abstract is an asset
- Ability to get to and from work
- As this is a safety-sensitive position, all employees of ATS Traffic must undergo and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. This includes use of marijuana, medical or non
Trainings Covered in Program
ATS Traffic – 1 Week
- Industry Standard Flagger Training
YOUCAN Youth Services – 1 Week
- Pre-Employment Training
- Standard First Aid
For more information about the program, please contact Richard Flank or register below for our next intake.
Note: This program is closed for the year and will be reopening in January 2023.
Please fill out our prescreen questionnaire form to register.